#odoo-tips: Did you know that Odoo automatically adapts the tax rate in Sales and Purchase? As a result, the invoicing for customers with a different tax rate is set easily and correctly. With just a quick and one-time configuration in the master data, Odoo will automatically pull the correct tax rate. Annoying calculation and verification will therefore not be necessary any more and manual errors will be avoided.
For setting in the product range please follow the steps below:
- Go to settings in the module billing and insert the automatic VAT and input tax there (see figure 1)
- Then enter the product data (see figure 2)
- You can check and if necessary change the automatic tax rates for Sales and Purchase in the product view (see figure 2)
- The VAT is automatically added to the offer item when the offer is created
For setting in the master data please follow the steps below:
- In order to assign a different tax rate to a customer, please click on “billing” in your master data when creating a new customer. In the section “tax information”, please choose the correct tax assignment, for example “customer EU-company (with VAT-ID)” (see figure 3).
- In future the set tax rate for this customer will always be automatically adopted(see figure 4).
We are happy to assist with further information in regards to tax-rates & VATs in Odoo. Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or phone +49 761 88 79 52-0